White wine with a good alcohol content fermented in new French oak barrels, aged for 6 months on its lees, and possessing all the characteristic features of the great Chardonnays.
Grape varieties: Chardonnay 100%.
Growing system: Espalier training
Vineyard location: Manacor area (Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain).
Designation: D.O.P. Pla i Llevant-Mallorca.
Type of wine: “Crianza” white.
Alcohol content: 14- 14,5 % vol.
Fermentation: Alcoholic and malolactic fermentation in French oak barrels from Allier and Nevers.
Ageing: 6 months in new French oak barrels and 6 months in bottle.
Tasting Notes: Clean and bright, golden hue with slight green tones. Aromas of vanilla and smoke. Aromas of citrus and tropical fruits such as pineapple, bananas and mangos, with a hint of butter. Very long, well balanced and full bodied on the palate.
Food pairing: pairs with fish in sauce, fish stews, baked fish and white meats.
Serving temperature: between 8 –10 ºC.
– Gold Medal for the 1999 Vintage – II International Wine Exhibition (Salón Internacional del Vino). Madrid 2001.
– 1st Prize for the 2001 Vintage – “2º Certamen de Vino Mallorquin de Manacor 2002”.
– “Gran Baco de Oro” (Gold award given to the best wine in all the categories) for the 2002 Vintage – “ XVII National Wine Taste organised by U.E.C.
– Gold Medal for the 2002 Vintage – Radio Turismo annual wine awards. Madrid 2003.
– Silver Medal for the 2002 Vintage- ”IV International Wine Exhibition” (Salón Internacional del Vino). Madrid 2003.
– “Baco de Bronce” (Bronze award given to the third best wine in all the categories). XVIII National Tasting of young wines organised by the U.E.C. 2003
– Gold Medal – V International Wine Exhibition (Salón Internacional del Vino). Madrid 2004
– Silver Mezquita -. Wine Tasting City of Córdoba. Córdoba 2005
– Gold Medal -. VI International Wine Exhibition (Salón Internacional del Vino). Madrid 2005
– Gold Medal – VIII Bacchus International Wine Exhibition. 2008.
– Gold Medal Chardonnay Roure 2009 – “ Concurso Internacional CINVE Sevilla 2010”.
– Gold Medal. The Spanish association of journalists and wine writers (AEPEV) Chardonnay Roure 2010 was selected as the best aged white wine.
– Gold medal for the harvest 2011 in “XV Edición del concurso internacional Premios Zarcillo” (Castilla y León 2013).
– The best Chardonnay in Spain. The white wine Chardonnay Roure 2011 rated 94 out of 100 in blind tasting in Magazine Sobremesa (2014).